Marketing & Publicity Internship
Ipso Books is the digital publishing arm of Peters Fraser + Dunlop. We publish a wide array of genres – from Classic Crime and Spy Thrillers to the best new commercial women’s fiction. We’re not picky about genre, but we’re picky about everything else.
The role is primarily focused on marketing, publicity, and digital communications, but the successful candidate will have the fantastic opportunity to work within our small (but mighty) team and gain experience in many aspects of publishing: editorial, production, copy writing, design, and sales. We’re currently undergoing a period of exciting change too, and we really hope for our new intern to play a pivotal role in that.
We’re looking for someone who has excellent organisational skills, a passion for books, and is self-motivated.
The position will involve:
- Handling review mailings and liasing with press and bloggers
- Managing Ipso’s social media platforms and engaging with followers to grow our social media presence
- Producing promotional material for social media, advertising campaigns, and pre-publication buzz
- Creating content for our website, newsletters, and social media, as well as writing press releases
- Supporting the rest of the team with ad hoc administrative tasks (reception coverage, mail, scanning)