Foreign Rights and Contracts Assistant, Peters Fraser + Dunlop
Literary agency Peters Fraser + Dunlop has a vacancy for an enthusiastic and highly organised Foreign Rights and Contracts Assistant. The role will be based in the foreign rights and contemporary classics departments, reporting to both department heads.
Peters Fraser + Dunlop is one of London’s leading literary agencies, providing specialist expertise to its clients in all aspects of publishing and media. We represent a wide-ranging list of clients including high profile authors and literary estates such as Simon Schama, Bear Grylls, Edna O’Brien, Jeanette Winterson, Georges Simenon, Rebecca West and Mervyn Peake.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in contracts, a keen eye for detail and will be confident managing a high volume of administration work.
The candidate will be a crucial part of both teams. Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Processing, negotiating and executing contracts as well as monitoring contract progress.
- Invoicing and keeping track of payments.
- Ensuring departmental spreadsheets and databases are updated accurately and in a timely manner.
- Liaising with clients and international publishers as well as other departments within PFD.
- General office administration for the foreign rights and contemporary classics departments.
The candidate will be highly organised, articulate, and confident in dealing with clients and publishers over the phone and email. Some previous office experience is preferable.
The role is full time with at least two days working in our London office, once government restrictions allow. More information about the agency can be found on our website: www.petersfraserdunlop.com/rights/
The starting date is September 2021 and the salary is £24,000 per annum. To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Antonia Kasoulidou (email@example.com) by Wednesday 4th August. Covering letters should be addressed to Rebecca Wearmouth and Giulia Bernabè.