Financial Director, PFD
PFD is one of the leading literary agencies in London providing specialist expertise to its clients in all aspects of publishing and media. This is an opportunity to join the company in a senior position at board level during a period of significant change working with the CEO and other key staff to develop strategy and achieve ambitious growth objectives. The key operational duties will be to manage the finance function and all the administrative support functions for the group.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the required experience and skills.
- To manage the finance and administrative functions of the group including client reporting, general accounting and finance, HR functions including payroll and benefits, and general office management including contracted services
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and associated reporting of subsidiary companies. Prepare analysis of income and cost detail and variance analysis against plans; highlight risks and opportunities with respect to agreed objectives
- Prepare and present annual budgets plans for agreement with the board; prepare periodic forecast updates and monthly management reports to effectively communicate performance with appropriate analysis of trends, variances, and outcomes
- Necessary compliance for statutory reporting, including corporate and VAT taxes; annual audits for all companies including consolidations; secretarial duties
- Serve as a director on the primary group companies and subsidiary company boards. Provide financial and operational input to the main board; represent main company shareholders on subsidiary companies with minority shareholders
- Work closely with the CEO to provide input and insight into operational performance to ensure achievement of short-term business plans and agreed board objectives
- Accounting qualifications preferred, but must demonstrate wider managerial experience at a senior level
- Publishing or other similar media experience highly desirable
- Clear and able communicator
- Creative problem solver to provide solutions and strategies within resource constraints to provide longer term continuous performance improvements
Central London location. Find out more about the company and our clients on our website https://www.petersfraserdunlop.com/about-us/. Please apply with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to Kevin Jones firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th 2020.