Head of Broadcast, PFD
PFD is one of the leading literary agencies in London providing specialist expertise to its clients in all aspects of publishing and media. There are increasing opportunities for exploitation of rights in film, TV, streaming, radio, audio, podcasts and other digital applications, both scripted and unscripted, especially across emerging FANG platforms. PFD requires a highly experienced broadcast agent, with talent management experience, to lead our broadcast team and to grow this important income stream. This is an opportunity to develop futures strategies for our existing department, working with the primary book agents at PFD to promote and develop additional business prospects from our existing catalogue and to identify new sources of revenue; and to work independently to contribute to the overall income of the agency.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the required experience and skills to lead this diverse department.
- Develop strategies to grow the department’s commission income
- Nurture relationships with existing clients and gain a full understanding of their works; and to promote their rights
- Identify and develop business leads across all media platforms
- Negotiate options and deals, including contracts
- Talent management experience
- Possess exceptional contacts in Film and TV industry
- Contract and negotiation experience
- Understanding of new developments in Film and TV industry across all platforms
- Team player, able to work well with other departments
- Demonstrate artistic and creative flair and a good commercial eye
Central London location. Find out more about the company and our clients on our website https://www.petersfraserdunlop.com/about-us/. Please apply with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to Fiona Petheram email@example.com.
International Rights Agent, PFD
Leading literary agency Peters, Fraser + Dunlop are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and highly motivated rights agent to join the International Rights Team.
PFD is one of the foremost literary agencies in London, providing specialist expertise to its roster of internationally renowned clients in all aspects of publishing and media.
· Selling rights in key territories across PFD’s adult fiction and non-fiction front list, as well as on behalf of David Godwin Associates
· Negotiating deals
· Managing publication schedules with publishers around the world
· Liaising with authors, publishers and scouts
· General admin tasks associated with selling rights
· Travelling to book fairs and on sales trips to meet publishers
· Ideally three years’ relevant publishing experience
· Adept at pitching books
· Highly motivated and organised
· Strategic thinker
· Passionate about selling rights
· Avid reader across a range of genres
Central London location. Find out more about the company and our clients on our website https://www.petersfraserdunlop.com/about-us/. Starting date is ASAP. Salary on application. If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to Antonia Kasoulidou (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 6th March 2020. We reserve the right to close applications early, should the suitable candidate be found.