Agora Books: Marketing + Digital Sales Coordinator
Deadline: Friday, October 29, 2021
An exciting opportunity for a data-driven, analytical person with a passion for books.
Independent digital-first publisher Agora Books is seeking a Marketing & Digital Sales Coordinator to join our small but mighty team based in central London. With a focus on commercial fiction, Agora works across a wide variety of genres from Classic Crime to historical fiction and psych suspense to book club reads.
The position is ideal for someone working in a similar role (in either publishing or another sector) who is looking to take the next step in their career in publishing marketing. We’re looking for a self-starter who’s keen to develop exciting ideas and dynamic strategies to reach new audiences of readers and is passionate about managing and analysing data. The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively with a team, have an enthusiastic attitude, and will be an efficient worker with the ability to work across multiple projects.
- Develop and implement innovating and measurable marketing campaigns for both debut launches and backlist titles across both eBook and print that perform within budget and timelines
- Continually analyse and optimise campaign data and title metadata to increase sales and profile
- Create social media strategies for brand identity, title launch, and follower engagement across channels by delivering engaging content
- Work collaboratively with the team to determine position, pitch, and ad strategies from acquisition onwards
- Write persuasive copy and design striking digital graphics for advertising, social media, and website
- Proactively identify opportunities for promotions and partnerships with third parties
- Stay up to date with latest marketing and industry trends in order to pursue new marketing strategies and wider audiences
- Analyse the success of promotions, deals, and sales channels
- Manage social media presence for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Organise blog tours for lead titles, including blogger outreach and scheduling
- Garnering reviews for upcoming titles via NetGalley and traditional outreach
- At least one year or more of marketing experience in publishing, media, or similar business
- Proven experience creating and optimising CPC advertising campaigns (e.g. Amazon and social media advertising)
- Experience working with social media, bloggers, and influencers
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to work well with a team but also independently
- Enthusiasm for books, reading, and commercial fiction
- Attention to detail, especially when performing repetitive tasks
- Familiarity with Amazon marketing services, SEO, and Google Analytics
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with In Design/Photoshop is desirable, but not essential
To Apply, e-mail Sam Brace at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV (Word or PDF only)
- A cover letter detailing your fit for the role
- 3 Examples of successful marketing assets you have created for campaigns
- Reference ‘AB: Marketing & Digital Sales Coord’ in subject line of e-mail
This is a full-time paid position with a salary between £24,000 to £27,000 based on experience. Office hours are 9:30am-5:30pm with a hybrid work from home policy. Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Assistant to Head of Broadcast, Tris Payne
Deadline: Tuesday 30th November
PFD is one of the leading agencies in London, providing specialist expertise to its clients in all aspects of publishing and media. PFD require an assistant to Head of Broadcast, Tris Payne, assisting in all business affairs and client dealings.
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic candidate to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the broadcast department by providing admin, diary and operational support. The ideal candidate will be able to deal with external enquiries from production companies and broadcasters, maintain and update spreadsheets of current and pipeline deals, and effectively manage and coordinate Tris Payne’s diary. Efficiency and ability to multi-task is essential as are exceptional organisational skills. We are looking for someone who will be able to meet a challenge with confidence and possess the ability to work at a fast pace while paying great attention to detail.
- Negotiate fees on behalf of PFD clients
- Pitch PFD clients to production companies, broadcasters and speaker bureaus
- Coordinate client bookings/times/locations
- Upload social media posts and update website
- Have a good general knowledge of all PFD broadcast clients and keep PFD agents updated with current deals
- Department admin includes managing Tris Payne’s diary, client calendars, tracking of broadcast pitches/submissions, transmission dates, marketing materials and brochures, meeting follow up, sending and saving contracts, invoicing and accounting.
This is a full-time role which will be based in a Central London location. Starting salary is £22,000 to £24,000 based on experience. Office hours are 9:30am-5:30pm with a hybrid work from home policy. Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to Riman Salim at email@example.com by 30th November 2021.